Support groups in addiction recovery have helped millions of men and women recover from addiction safely and with fewer chances of relapse. The importance of support groups in addiction recovery is evident in the number of patients who reach their sober goals by attending private and group therapy sessions. A sober support group is necessary for men and women who need support during their addiction recovery.
At Evoke Wellness, we provide men and women with evidence-backed therapy programs to treat their substance use disorder, social anxiety, or other mental health illnesses. When you first arrive at our beautiful facility, our team will run a full diagnostic to place you in the appropriate treatment program that will address all aspects of your addiction. This will involve group and individual therapy sessions. Call 866.693.3871 to speak with our friendly staff today to learn more about the effectiveness of sober support groups.
How Do Support Groups Work in Addiction?
Generations of men and women grew up learning to keep it to themselves and not share their feelings. This has led to an increase in addiction and other mental health disorders that negatively impact their daily lives. Even if their health is at risk, they would rather suffer alone than share their feelings with others.
In group therapy, a certified behavioral therapist leads the group and asks individuals to share their stories of addiction. Group therapy also allows patients to practice coping and communication skills and bond with their peers.
At Evoke Wellness, we know the importance of support groups in addiction recovery and provide our patients with a well-rounded treatment experience. Patients will participate in group and private therapy sessions with a behavioral therapist who will guide them toward understanding what led to the addiction and how to cope with those feelings.
The Importance of Support Groups in Addiction
Why is it important to have a support team in recovery? The importance of support groups in addiction recovery is clear when you look at the number of men and women who attend group therapy and can maintain their sobriety with minimal support.
Here are some additional ways that support groups can benefit your recovery journey:
- You will participate in therapy in a safe and non-judgmental space where you can talk about your struggles with addiction and how it has impacted your life. The feedback you get from your peers can be very valuable in helping you maintain your sobriety.
- Being around others who are going through the same struggles can be very beneficial for addiction recovery. Peers can bond through their shared struggles and successes, and the relationships you build will help you maintain your sobriety long after treatment has ended.
- Support groups allow you to see how addiction impacts men and women from all walks of life and what coping skills work best for them. This unique perspective can improve your coping skills and ability to manage your symptoms.
There are several types of support groups available that can treat addiction to alcohol, cocaine, and other harmful substances. Treatment centers and community outreach programs offer a variety of support group options for treating addiction and other mental health disorders.
Evoke Wellness: Find a Sober Support Group for Addiction Recovery
Why is it important to have a support team in recovery? At Evoke Wellness, our mission is to support everyone who is struggling with addiction today and throughout their recovery journey. Our treatment programs are proven to be very effective in helping you reach your sober goals with continued support for as long as you need it.
We offer a wide range of treatment programs, including:
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Separate men’s and women’s rehab
- Medication-assisted treatment