Opioid Rehab Program
The opioid crisis started in the 1990s and continues today, with millions of men and women struggling with opioid addiction every year. In recent years, fentanyl, a synthetic opioid that is 100 times more potent than morphine, has caused thousands of overdose deaths all across the country. To help people with opioid use disorder, they can enroll in an opioid rehab program to safely recover and minimize their risks of relapse. Rehab programs use a combination of medical support along with behavioral and holistic therapies to create a whole-person recovery experience.
At Evoke Wellness, we provide people with a comprehensive opioid rehab program in Coconut Creek, Florida. Our therapists have years of experience working with people from all different backgrounds and complex personal histories and supporting their recovery journey from start to finish. Patients will participate in group and private therapy sessions in a discreet location far from life’s distractions and triggers. To see if our substance abuse treatment programs can aid in your recovery, fill out our online contact form or call 866.693.3871 to speak with one of our knowledgeable team members.
The Dangers of Abusing Opioids
Opioids are a natural ingredient derived from the poppy plant, Papaver somniferum. It is used to make morphine and other pain-relieving medications. Hydrocodone, oxycodone, methadone, fentanyl, and codeine are all types of opioid pain medications that are available today. While these medications are relatively safe to take, they do come with a high risk of misuse and the potential for developing a serious addiction.
Illegal drug manufacturers create heroin and other potent narcotics by combining different chemicals with opioids to alter their effects to be more potent and long-lasting. It can be very difficult to know the full potency of street drugs, and they can sometimes be mixed with a lethal dose of opioids or other chemicals. If you or a loved one is abusing opioid pain medications or illicit opioids, here are some of the signs of an opioid overdose you should be familiar with:
- Trouble walking or balancing on their own
- A bluish-grey tint to their lips or fingertips
- Pinpoint pupils
- Their skin is cold and clammy to the touch
- They are unable to think clearly
- Extreme drowsiness
- Unable to wake up when trying to physically wake them
- Shallow breathing
If you think a friend or loved one is going through an opioid overdose, call 911 immediately. EMTs can give them an injection of naloxone, which immediately reverses the effects of an opioid overdose.
At Evoke Coconut Creek, we welcome anyone who is abusing opioids and wants help breaking their addiction. We work closely with each patient to understand the reasons behind the abuse and develop a comprehensive program to treat all aspects of their condition.
The Benefits of an Opioid Rehab Program
A rehab program comes with plenty of benefits that will improve your chances of reaching your recovery goals and leading a full and productive life. Treatment programs use a wide mix of therapies, from cognitive-behavioral therapy to nutrition education and family counseling, for a whole-person experience that promotes long-lasting sobriety.
Here are the benefits of enrolling in an opioid rehab program:
- A better understanding of addiction and how it can change a person’s personality and behaviors.
- A safe space to talk about any unresolved past traumas or difficult emotions that are fueling the substance abuse.
- Behavioral and holistic therapy to treat the psychological aspects of the addiction.
- FDA-approved medications to reduce physical withdrawal symptoms and cravings, along with any depressive or anxiety symptoms that disrupt the recovery process.
- Group therapy sessions where you will practice coping and communication skills and bond with your peers, and see how others are coping with their addictions.
- Work on restoring personal relationships with parents, siblings, spouses, and children.
- Learn healthy life skills such as nutritious meal prep, meditation and mindfulness, and other holistic activities that promote healthy living.
Enrolling in an opioid rehab program in Coconut Creek is the smart choice to make for Florida residents who need help with their addiction recovery. Rehab programs give patients the time they need to rest and recover without any distractions from their work or personal lives.
Evoke Wellness Vision
Our vision is to deliver exceptional clinical and medical care and meet each patient’s specific needs on an individual basis.
Find Addition Treatment Programs in Coconut Creek at Evoke Wellness
At Evoke Coconut Creek, we provide opioid rehab programs for men and women who are struggling with opioid use disorder. Our residential treatment programs are available for 30, 60, and 90-day stays, with longer options available for more serious cases. To support your recovery, we offer a number of beneficial treatment programs:
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Residential treatment program
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Separate men’s and women’s rehab programs
- Co-occurring/dual diagnosis treatment programs
If you or a loved one is ready to make a positive change and stop abusing opioids or other substances, pick up the phone and call 866.693.3871 to learn how we can support your recovery.