Meth Rehab Program
Methamphetamine abuse is responsible for thousands of deaths every year in Florida. According to the Florida Medical Examiner, in 2021, meth was one of the top three substances responsible for overdose deaths, behind cocaine and fentanyl. Men and women struggling with meth addiction can enroll in a meth rehab program and stop the abuse safely with minimal risk of relapse. Those who try to quit alone are more likely to relapse and potentially overdose if they don’t take their lowered tolerance into account.
At Evoke Wellness in Coconut Creek, we are a fully accredited addiction treatment facility that helps individuals and their families recover from the devastating effects of addiction. We design our treatment programs around each person’s unique symptoms to create a more effective recovery experience that promotes long-lasting recovery. To see if our addiction treatment programs are right for you, fill out our online form or call 866.693.3871 today to speak with our team.
What Is Meth?
Meth is a fast-acting central nervous system stimulant that was originally prescribed to patients with ADHD or who suffer from narcolepsy or obesity. Today, it is strictly regulated and monitored due to its addictive properties and potential for overdose and death. The short-term effects of meth include:
- Increased attention span and mental clarity
- Increased heart rate and metabolism
- Increased energy
- Decreased appetite
The potential for misuse is very high with this drug due to its euphoric properties and the chemical dependence that can happen with repeated use. The more you use it, the more your body will crave it. With repeated use, meth abuse can cause:
- Severe tooth and gum decay
- Severe weight loss
- Skin sores and lesions
- Brain shrinkage
- An inability to feel pleasure
- Violent and aggressive behavior
- Intense cravings for more meth
When a person tries to stop taking meth, they will experience severe withdrawal symptoms that increase in intensity over several days. When they peak, it can be excruciating and sometimes deadly, especially if they relapse and abuse the same amount or more in a knee-jerk reaction to curb their cravings.
At Evoke Wellness, our meth rehab program in Coconut Creek offers a safe space to recover, free from outside distractions and temptations. Our facility provides a safe and encouraging environment that promotes sobriety and other healthy living skills.
The Benefits of a Meth Rehab Program
There are many benefits of enrolling in a rehab program for meth addiction. It teaches patients about the dangers of substance abuse and how it can change their behaviors and personalities and cause permanent psychological damage. If you are thinking of enrolling in a rehab center, here are some of the benefits of a meth rehab program:
- A better understanding of addiction and how it causes physical changes in your body that lead to dependence and addiction. Addiction causes simultaneous physical and psychological symptoms that can be very difficult to recover from without professional support.
- Learn about the underlying issues behind the abuse and how to stop letting your thoughts and feelings dictate your behavior.
- Develop coping skills to deal with triggering situations or people without the need for more drugs or alcohol.
- Learn how others are being affected by addiction and what they do to cope with the disorder.
- Develop close relationships with your peers that can become lifelong friendships that will support your continued sobriety.
- Work with family members to restore trust and broken relationships.
- Learn healthy life skills that improve other areas of your life and support a lifelong commitment to staying drug-free.
A meth rehab program is the best solution for beating your addiction and living a full and productive life. Those who complete the program and continue working with a therapist as needed are more likely to maintain their sobriety through all of life’s stresses and complications.
If you're ready to start your journey to recovery, we're here to help.
Evoke Wellness: Your Top Choice for Addiction Treatment Programs in Coconut Creek, FL
At Evoke Wellness, we provide men and women from all walks of life with our comprehensive meth rehab program in Coconut Creek. Our residential treatment programs have a strong track record for helping people reach their recovery goals. Our therapists use a wide range of therapies that include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Motivational enhancement therapy (MET)
- Life skills training
- Meditation therapy
- Family therapy/counseling