Benzodiazepines, often referred to as ‘benzos,’ are a class of psychoactive drugs primarily used for treating anxiety and insomnia. However, there are risks. Long-term use can lead to physical dependence and withdrawal symptoms upon cessation. Overdose is also a risk, especially when combined with other substances like alcohol, leading to potentially fatal respiratory depression. Furthermore, benzos can cause cognitive impairment, including memory loss and confusion, particularly in older adults. If you or a loved one have developed a dependency or addiction to benzos, Evoke Wellness offers professional benzo abuse rehab in Coconut Creek, FL. Call 866.693.3871 to learn more.
Signs and Symptoms of Benzo Dependency and Addiction
Benzodiazepines work by enhancing the effect of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain, which results in sedative, hypnotic (sleep-inducing), anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), anticonvulsant, and muscle relaxant effects. However, these drugs possess potential risks of dependency and addiction, requiring benzo abuse rehab.
Recognizing there is a problem is the first step towards recovery. Common warning signs include:
- Increased tolerance, requiring higher doses to achieve the same effect
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using the drug
- Persistent desire or unsuccessful attempts to cut down or control use
- Spending a great deal of time in activities necessary to obtain, use, or recover from the drug’s effects
- Continued use despite knowing it is causing physical or psychological problems
Behavioral changes may also occur and may include the following:
- Social isolation
- Neglecting responsibilities
- Increased risk-taking behavior
Knowing the signs and symptoms of benzo addiction or dependency can help you or a loved one get the help you need in a timely fashion and regain control of your life and well-being.
The Importance of Seeking Professional Benzo Abuse Rehab
Benzodiazepine addiction is a serious condition that requires professional treatment. At Evoke Coconut Creek, FL, we provide a comprehensive, individualized approach to benzo abuse rehab. Our professionals are deeply committed to helping you navigate your path to recovery.
Professional help is crucial because withdrawal from benzos can be life-threatening. It often involves physical discomfort and psychological distress, which can be managed safely and effectively under professional supervision. Additionally, professional help provides the tools and support necessary to maintain long-term sobriety.
Common Therapies Used in Treatment
At Evoke Coconut Creek, we employ a variety of evidence-based and holistic therapies to treat benzo addiction.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – This therapy helps individuals understand the relationship between thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and develop healthier coping mechanisms.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – DBT focuses on mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance, and interpersonal effectiveness to manage addiction.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) – MAT combines behavioral therapy with medications to treat substance use disorders. For benzo addiction, this might involve a slow tapering proto wean off the drug safely drug.
- Yoga therapy – Yoga can reduce stress, improve mental health, and enhance physical well-being, all of which can aid recovery.
- Music therapy – Engaging in music therapy can provide emotional expression, reduce stress, and improve mood.
- Meditation therapy – Meditation promotes mindfulness and relaxation, helping individuals cope with cravings and reduce anxiety.
- Nutritional education and counseling – A balanced diet is essential for overall health and can support recovery by improving mood and energy levels.
Recovering from benzo addiction is challenging, but it is entirely possible with the right help and support. At Evoke Coconut Creek, we’re here to guide you every step of the way.
Contact Evoke Coconut Creek Today for Benzo Abuse Rehab
If you or a loved one reside in the Coconut Creek, Florida vicinity and are struggling with an addiction to benzodiazepines, Evoke Coconut Creek can help. Our team of addiction treatment specialists offers individualized treatment plans targeting substance use disorders and any co-occurring mental health issues like depression or PTSD.