Substance Abuse and Veterans
At Evoke Wellness Coconut Creek, we understand that veteran substance abuse is a growing problem not only in the United States but here in Florida as well. Many military members suffer from physical injuries and mental health problems when they return from deployment. The new war on terror has increased the trauma and emotional toll combat has had on our service members and their families. Prescription drug abuse is on the rise among veterans because many are treated with addictive narcotic pain medications for injuries. After extended use, veterans may become dependent on these drugs, and eventually, an addiction can develop.
According to the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Florida has the third-largest veteran population in the nation. At Evoke Wellness Coconut Creek, we recognize the mental and physical toll deployment can have on an individual. Many veterans turn to substance abuse to manage the mental distress they experience because of their time on the battle lines.
Unfortunately, mental health is a widespread problem among veterans, and those who go without treatment for their conditions are at higher risk of suicide. To extend support to those who have served our country, our addiction treatment and mental health treatment center in Coconut Creek, Florida is now offering the Evoke Wellness Veterans Program. Call 866.693.3871 for more information.
About Our Military and Veterans Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation
Few people understand the unique stressors military personnel and veterans face. This demanding profession trains you to serve our country — but it can also change you in unexpected ways. Combat and other intense situations can be traumatic experiences that lead to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Those who leave the military sometimes feel uneasy as they transition back into civilian life. To cope, some turn to substance misuse.
At Evoke Wellness Coconut Creek, our evidence-based approach to patient care includes proven methodologies, one-on-one care, and holistic therapies that help you build a firm foundation for long-term recovery. In our safe and confidential treatment center, we help you face the emotional or mental health issues underpinning your addiction so you can find healthy coping strategies and fulfillment in sobriety.
Evoke Wellness Veterans Program features include the following:
- A healing experience for veterans to get away from temptation and their toxic environment
- Therapeutic programming with staff who are trained and equipped to address veterans and their families.
- Several veteran staff in recovery have shared the experiences of the veterans we care for.
- Life skills training, education, and reintegration back into society.
- A safe and healthy environment with structure and support.
- Supervised outings, meetings, speaker events, etc
Special Considerations for Veterans and Military
Do not let the stigma or shame of addiction stop you from getting the help you need. We are proud to offer various therapeutic treatments to those who have served our country, including:
- Individual and group therapy.
- Individualized treatment plans to address cognition, dialectical, and process functions
- Psychopharmacological assessments.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
- Holistic therapies, including meditation, yoga, expressive arts, and more.
- Skill building.
- Biofeedback training.
- Experienced staff with a history of working with and planning treatment in conjunction with VA services
- Alumni services and other specialized services
- Co-occurring Disorders
The Evoke Wellness Difference
At Evoke Wellness Coconut Creek, we take a whole-person method to addiction treatment. Our evidence-based programs combine medically based care, innovative therapeutic modalities, and holistic therapy to create a distinctive experience unlike any other rehabilitation center.
Learn More About Private Addiction Treatment for Military and Veterans in Florida
Transform your hopelessness into determination at Evoke Wellness, located in Coconut Creek, Florida. Do not battle substance use disorder and dependency alone. Our team can help you push back and turn the tide. Reach out to us online or call us at 866.693.3871.