Painkiller Rehab Program
A painkiller rehab program is for men and women who are prescribed painkillers and have formed an addiction to the medication. It helps patients stop abusing their pain medication while still providing pain relief if necessary. Many times, people continue taking pain medication to feel the euphoric effects long after needing the pain pills. This can cause a strong addiction and increases the potential to abuse harder drugs if they can no longer refill the prescription.
At Evoke Wellness, our treatment facility in Coconut Creek welcomes individuals who are struggling with an addiction to painkillers, alcohol, opioids, or other dangerous substances. Our residential treatment programs utilize the latest in behavioral and medicinal therapies to help patients break the addiction and develop a more effective pain management program. If you or a loved one is abusing their painkillers, call 866.693.3871 today to learn more about our addiction treatment programs.
Understanding Painkiller Abuse
Using pain medication to treat chronic or severe pain is safe when you follow the prescription, avoid alcohol or other drugs, and work with your doctor if your pain changes. Unfortunately, most people don’t do this and are more likely to abuse their pain medicine. Our society’s cavalier attitude toward drug use has made combining painkillers with wine, cannabis, or other opioids very common and has significantly increased the number of painkiller addiction cases.
The painkillers you take block pain receptors and create an overall sense of well-being. In larger doses or when you combine painkillers with other narcotics, you increase the medication’s effects. This causes your body to crave the heightened effects, and with repeated abuse, taking a normal dose will no longer feel like it is enough. Your body can produce painful symptoms if it does not get the same amount as before, and these symptoms will worsen over time or until you take more.
Painkiller withdrawal symptoms can include:
- Muscle/joint aches and pain
- Stomach pain
At Evoke Wellness, our painkiller rehab program in Coconut Creek welcomes Floridians who need help breaking their painkiller addictions. We tailor each program to the individual and the severity of their symptoms to give them the greatest chance of reaching their recovery goals and leading a healthy life.
Enrolling in a Painkiller Rehab Program
A rehab program is the safest option for recovery when compared to trying to quit alone. Withdrawal symptoms can be very painful and dangerous without proper support and increase the likelihood of relapse and overdose. If you are thinking about enrolling in a painkiller rehab program, here is some of what you can experience during treatment:
- Medical staff will develop a medication management plan that will include several types of medications to ease withdrawal symptoms and cravings while still providing pain relief if necessary. As withdrawal symptoms begin to fade, they will start reducing the dosage until you no longer need the medications.
- In private therapy sessions, therapists will work with you to uncover the root cause of the addiction and work to resolve any past traumas of complex emotions that are fueling the abuse. They will teach you healthy coping skills for managing your symptoms and triggers and preventing future relapses.
- During group therapy sessions, you will participate in group discussions, role-playing games, and other activities that promote wellness and confidence in reaching your goals. This program is ideal for developing healthy relationships and seeing how addiction affects people from all walks of life.
- You will also participate in a number of holistic activities and therapies that will improve other aspects of your life and teach you life skills that will increase your chances of maintaining sober living. Holistic therapies can include meditation and mindfulness, yoga and exercise, nutrition education, and creative self-expression.
- If you are thinking about enrolling in a rehab program, this is the best decision you can make for your health and well-being. You can stop the addiction before it worsens and leads to abusing more potent drugs and causing serious medical and psychological complications.
Evoke Wellness Vision
Our vision is to deliver exceptional clinical and medical care and meet each patient’s specific needs on an individual basis.
Get Started on the Road to Recovery with Addiction Treatment Programs in Florida at Evoke Wellness
You can find an effective painkiller rehab program in Coconut Creek at Evoke Wellness’ discreet and comfortable addiction treatment facility. We have treatment programs that can treat all types of addiction and any underlying disorders that are fueling it. We use several beneficial therapies, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, animal-assisted therapy, family counseling, and other helpful therapies.