Addiction is a chronic disease that can be treated with professional help. However, the journey towards recovery does not end with detoxification. The risk of relapse is high, which makes relapse prevention therapy programs an essential part of addiction treatment. Maintaining sobriety requires continuous and relentless commitment and support.
Addiction therapy programs in Florida, like those offered by Evoke Wellness at Coconut Creek, can help you or a loved one break the cycle of addiction through a relapse prevention therapy program. Call 866.693.3871 today to learn more about maintaining sobriety with a relapse prevention therapy program in Coconut Creek, FL.
What Is a Relapse Prevention Therapy Program?
Relapse prevention therapy involves identifying and managing triggers that may lead to drug or alcohol use. It aims to empower individuals with tools to prevent or manage relapse, enhance coping skills, and promote long-term recovery. Mental health disorders are also risk factors for relapse. At Evoke Wellness at Coconut Creek, we understand that substance use disorder often co-occurs with mental health conditions. We provide dual diagnosis treatment to address mental health and substance use disorders simultaneously.
Relapse Triggers and Maintaining Sobriety
Relapse triggers can be internal or external factors and include things like:
- Stress – Stress is a significant trigger for relapse because it disrupts emotional balance and can drive an individual to seek relief, often in the form of substance use.
- Anxiety – Anxiety poses a risk for relapse because it can lead to feelings of insecurity and overwhelm, causing individuals to turn to substances for comfort.
- Depression – Depression can trigger relapse because it can lead to feelings of hopelessness and despair, causing individuals to seek temporary relief through substance use.
- Anger – Anger and other negative emotions can be powerful triggers for relapse. When an individual cannot manage anger in a healthy way, they may turn to substances as a coping mechanism.
- People and places – People or environments associated with drug or alcohol use can be powerful triggers for relapse. Being around old friends or visiting familiar locations where substance use occurred can evoke cravings and make maintaining sobriety challenging.
These triggers can lead to feelings of vulnerability and can increase the likelihood of relapse. Maintaining sobriety depends on managing triggers and applying coping skills. At Evoke Wellness at Coconut Creek, our approach to relapse prevention therapy addresses both internal and external triggers while providing the necessary skills and strategies to resist triggers.
Common Approaches in Relapse Prevention Therapy Programs
Relapse prevention therapy programs often include evidence-based therapies, holistic approaches, and aftercare support. At Evoke Wellness at Coconut Creek, some of these include the following:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Yoga therapy
- Massage therapy
- Meditative therapy
At Evoke Wellness at Coconut Creek, we take a comprehensive approach to relapse prevention by providing a customized treatment plan tailored to each individual’s unique needs. Our addiction specialists utilize evidence-based treatment methods and holistic approaches to help individuals develop effective coping strategies, address triggers, and reduce the risk of relapse.
Contact Evoke Wellness at Coconut Creek Today
The benefits of participating in relapse prevention therapy at Evoke Wellness are numerous. Our program provides a secure and supportive environment for individuals on the path to recovery. We offer comprehensive treatment that addresses both addiction and mental health disorders simultaneously. We equip individuals with tools and techniques to manage triggers, prevent relapse, and promote long-term recovery.
At Evoke Wellness at Coconut Creek, we are committed to helping individuals achieve lasting recovery and live fulfilling lives free from addiction. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, contact us today at 866.693.3871 or online and take the first step towards a brighter future.