What is an aftercare program? An aftercare program allows men and women to continue their recovery journey on an as-needed basis to help them cope during difficult situations and maintain their sobriety. Addiction is a lifelong disease with no cure, but several evidence-backed therapies give patients the skills and confidence to maintain their sobriety and well-being. An aftercare program is just one part of a comprehensive treatment plan that is very effective in treating addiction and other mental health disorders.
At Evoke Wellness, we support men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with addiction to alcohol, opioids, or other harmful substances. We provide our patients with residential and outpatient treatment programs, followed by continued support through our aftercare program. Our team will answer any questions you have about your treatment, including what is aftercare in recovery and what to expect during detox. For more information about our aftercare program, call 866.693.3871 or fill out our online form today, and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
What Is an Aftercare Program?
What is aftercare in recovery? An aftercare program is an essential part of an addiction treatment program that addresses the mental and physical aspects of substance abuse. Patients can continue to receive support for their recovery journey and practice coping skills, talk and listen to peers and therapist feedback, and reaffirm their commitment to sober living. Some patients continue aftercare therapy for several months to years, depending on the severity of their symptoms.
The common types of therapies that patients will participate in during aftercare programs include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Holistic therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Biofeedback therapy
- Faith-based or 12-step therapy
At Evoke Wellness, we are well aware of what is aftercare in therapy and the benefits that it gives our patients. We are committed to your recovery and offer several treatment options to help you reach your recovery goals.
The Benefits of Aftercare Program in Recovery
Attending an aftercare program is necessary to maintain sobriety during the transition from a treatment center back into everyday life and after completing a recovery program. Men and women who do not attend aftercare therapy are more likely to relapse and have to go back to inpatient rehab for several weeks.
Here are some of the benefits of an aftercare program for addiction recovery:
- Continual support for as long as necessary – Aftercare therapy allows patients to continue receiving support for as long as they need to feel comfortable maintaining their sobriety after returning to their daily lives.
- Fewer chances of relapsing – Cravings for drugs and alcohol can reappear years after living a sober life. When this happens, patients can attend therapy and practice coping skills, and talk about their struggles.
- A community of sober peers – One significant benefit of aftercare therapy is the relationships you will build with your peers and family. They will become a big part of your support group outside of therapy and will make those difficult days easier to get through. Plus, restoring family relationships can go a long way toward helping you stay sober.
If you are curious about what is aftercare in therapy and how it can benefit your mental health, it is time to reach out to someone and talk about your addiction recovery.
Choose Evoke Wellness to Continue Your Recovery Through Our Aftercare Program
What is an aftercare program? At Evoke Wellness, we know how withdrawals and cravings can appear at any time after living sober for years and offer aftercare programs to help during those rough days. Men and women can talk with a therapist about their struggles, practice coping and communication skills, and bond with their peers.