The spring season is here, and with it comes the temptation of outdoor activities with friends and family that involve alcohol. It can be challenging to stay sober while participating in these activities, but there are ways to make it a reality. Call 866.693.3871 to speak with someone from the caring and knowledgeable team at Evoke Coconut Creek about learning how to stay sober in spring and our programs that can help overcome alcohol addiction—including our residential addiction treatment option.
Why Is the Spring Season an Ideal Time to Work on Sobriety?
The warm weather of the spring season often brings about many events that involve alcohol or drugs. While it’s okay to participate in these activities without drinking or using drugs, many people find these events can trigger a relapse. That’s why it’s essential to take extra care during this season and focus on maintaining sobriety.
Sober Spring is an initiative to help people stay sober during spring. It was developed in response to how difficult it can be for individuals recovering from alcohol and drug addiction to resist the temptation of social events involving alcohol or drugs. Sober Spring’s 90-day challenge is a great way to stay sober during spring. It encourages people to focus on maintaining sobriety while still participating in activities with friends and family. The challenge also provides helpful resources, such as access to support groups, tips for staying sober, and more. By committing to Sober Spring’s 90-day challenge, individuals can gain the strength they need to overcome addiction and lead healthier lives.
Tips for Learning How to Stay Sober in Spring
Apart from participating in Sober Spring’s challenge, you learn how to stay sober in spring through other actions that are likely discussed in addiction treatment programs—such as:
- Prepare ahead of time – When you know which events you plan on attending and their purpose, you can devise a plan to handle them without using substances. If possible, try inviting some sober friends along, too.
- Have an exit plan – If the situation becomes uncomfortable or triggering, have an exit plan ready, so you can leave at any moment and not feel guilty about doing so. This could mean having a designated driver already arranged or having someone agree to call you after a certain amount of time so that they can drive you home if needed.
- Bring your own non-alcoholic drinks – Many parties provide alcoholic beverages but not much else in terms of non-alcoholic options, such as soda or juice boxes. Bring some non-alcoholic beverages with you, so everyone has something fun to enjoy.
- Refocus your attention – If conversations start heading towards topics related to drinking or drug use, redirect the conversation by bringing up something else, like a recent movie release or local event happening soon nearby. This will prevent anyone from feeling ostracized while still keeping the conversation flowing.
- Have backup support nearby – Bring a friend or family member who understands your situation and supports your decision not to drink at social gatherings. Having someone by your side provides emotional support and accountability when needed if things get too overwhelming.
Maintaining sobriety doesn’t have to suck the fun out of your life. By taking the necessary precautions and using the right resources, you can still enjoy the spring season while staying sober. Should you need professional help to overcome addiction and stay sober, don’t hesitate to contact Evoke Coconut Creek’s caring and knowledgeable team.
Learn How to Stay Sober in Spring at Evoke Coconut Creek
There are many ways one can maintain sobriety during the spring season. However, it’s also important to remember that professional help is always available when necessary at Evoke Coconut Creek in Florida. Contact our caring and knowledgeable team today at 866.693.3871 to learn more about Sober Spring and our addiction treatment programs.